Got gluten-free clients? Recent studies show that 1 in 5 people avoid gluten, so no matter what area of nutrition you work in, you probably do. Save yourself some time and energy and make it easy to give gluten-free clients what they need and want to know in a nice little package.
There are now 2 versions of the gluten-free handout kit. This is the expanded version, with 29 separate handouts, including 55 pages total of client information. You get 11 additional popular handouts (22 pages!) in the extended kit.
- Gluten-Free Basics (2 pg)
- Cross Contamination (3 pg)
- Easy Gluten-free Meals from the Regular Grocery Store (4 pg)
- Gluten-free and balanced (2 pg)
- Easy Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Meals (4 pg)
- New Gluten-Free Client Intake Form (2 pg)
- Gluten-free Breakfasts (2 pg)
- Gluten-Free Snacks (2 pg)
- Gluten and Dairy Free Sources of Calcium
- Dining Recommendations
- Healthier Gluten-Free Specialty Products (2 pg)
- Best Gluten-Free Resources (overview of websites, books, etc. aimed at clients)
- RD Celiac/GF resources (for RDs
- Gluten-Free Menu Template
- Insurance letters for appeal of services
For RDs to send on behalf of a client
For Clients to send on their own behalf
- ICD 9 and 10 coding cheat sheet for MNT
The expanded kit also has:
- Celiac FAQ
- Gluten-free shopping list
- 50+ gluten-free, lactose-free balanced meals (4 page)
- 50+ gluten-free pesco-vegetarian meals (3 page)
- 50+ gluten-free vegetarian (3 page)
- 50+ gluten-free vegan meals (3 page)
- 50+ gluten-free, grain free easy meals (3 page)
- Gluten-free vegetarian protein sources
- Gluten-free on the go
- 504 plans for students
- Gluten-free in the classroom
- Bonus–GF snacks with portions for heart health
This saves you a lot of time and effort and gives both new patients and g-free veterans concrete suggestions and tools.
All documents are customizable for use with patients and add your own tagline.
This is a 27 separate handouts, including 56 pages total.
If you’re looking for the basic kit, the link is here: Gluten-Free Kit (basic)
Updated July 2023!
Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD is a gluten-free expert who has been teaching dietitians and clients how to live and love a gluten-free diet for almost 20 years! She is also one of the trainers for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Certificate of Training in Gluten Related Disorders, and an author of numerous articles on gluten and Celiac disease for Today’s dietitian.
For more materials, see:
This is a fantastic resource for RDs working with Celiac patients. I was a little hesitant to pay as I’ve been disappointed with other purchases, but this was worth every dollar. It has saved me a lot of time in developing client handouts and resources.
I just purchased this and I can already tell this will save me a ton of time. Well done and a great resource!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.