This 3 part presentation series is perfect for a Registered Dietitian looking for resources to help high school and college athletes. These presentations were created to last 1 hour each and initially created as part of a 6 week college athlete team program.
The outline is broken down below:
#1: Sports Nutrition 101
- Overview macronutrients + their role in athlete’s performance
- The basics of Athlete plates
#2: Pre/Post Nutrition + Restaurant Eating
- Pre-workout fueling
- Post workout fueling
- Fueling on the go
#3: Nutrients, Supplements + Diets
- Micronutrient overview + vitamins/minerals that of special importance for athletes
- Fad Diet Overview for Athletes
- Supplement Recommendations
If you are looking to implement a 6 week program with a team, I recommend doing team lectures on Week 1, 3 and 5. During week 2,4,6 I recommend meeting with coaching staff or parents for help with choosing restaurants, planning itineraries and grocery shopping.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.